วันอาทิตย์ที่ 18 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2552

My TOEIC Preparation

I scored 970. People asked "How did you do it?"

I took the test a few years ago. I still remember how exciting it was. It seems like everyone was expecting a lot from me so that really put me under a lot of pressure. I still did my best to prepare and not to embarrass myself.

If you want to get a good score, it really takes months of practice and a lot of effort.

I'll tell you briefly today how I did it.

Preparation:
  1. Study the grammar necessary for the test
  2. Practice listening and reading every day
  3. Do as many past papers as possible
  4. Set the time and do the test as if you were in the actual exam
  5. Manage your time well. Think about how many minutes or seconds you can spend on each question
  6. Concentrate
Listening Part:
I did not score well in my first few practice because I didn't pay total attention to it. Then, I realised I needed to stop thinking about everything else and concentrate only on the test. It got better. It's really important especially in the listening part.

Concentration is the key here!!!
Listen very carefully. If you miss a question, forget about it and move on really quickly. Don't have a second thought on it or you might miss your next question. I did that which helped me earn full score on the listening test.


Reading Part:
I had 30 minutes left to review my answers but a lot of people tend to run out of time in this part. My advice would be to always read the questions first before you read the passage. It saves you time to find the answers. Don't read every single word. You don't have enough time for that.

These tips will only be useful if you do enough practice before the test.

Good luck for those of you who are taking the test!

3 ความคิดเห็น: